The University of Edinburgh is currently accepting applications for the scholars’ program 2020/21!
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate online scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities. 10 scholarships are available for the 2020/2021 academic year.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at The University of Edinburgh believes that all young people, no matter their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to gain a quality education and pursue their aspirations to improve the lives of others.
The University of Edinburgh offers a fully funded academic and transformative leadership program for undergraduate and postgraduate students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Students will receive comprehensive support to remove barriers to study in Edinburgh and will benefit from extracurricular opportunities including retreats and internships. The Scholars Program aims to build the abilities and talents of each student so they can make a difference to their home countries and communities on their return.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- LLM Human Rights
- MA Design for Change
- MSc Sustainable Energy Systems
- MSc Carbon Finance
- MSc Entrepreneurship and Innovation
The university aims to notify all short-listed applicants of the outcome of their interview by 15 April 2020. If he/she is successful, the outcome will be both an offer of scholarship as well as for admission to the University. All applicants receiving an offer will be tested by the University’s English Language Education (ELE) center unless they already have a valid English language test. There is no fee for this test and all testing takes place via video or web link. The ELE English test assesses applicants on reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Note: If the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is the only scholarship one is interested to apply for in the University of Edinburgh, he/she should apply for the scholarship only.
The selected candidates will be provided with the following benefits.
- The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and expenses for accommodation and maintenance.
- On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh including work-based placements, mentorship, and other activities during the academic year.
Applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Wanting to apply for one of the eligible courses listed above
- Qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice
- Must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously
- Must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community, and;
- Should be able to present economic circumstances which show they lack financial means to pursue higher education in their home country or elsewhere
Eligible Regions: Sub-Saharan African country
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: November 29, 2019