The Iceland Writers Retreat Alumni Award offers talented writers in need of financial support an opportunity to attend the Iceland Writers Retreat in Reykjavík, Iceland in April, 2020. Held for the first time in April 2014, the Iceland Writers Retreat is an event comprised of a series of small-group writing workshops and cultural tours designed to introduce participants to Iceland’s rich literary heritage. Faculty in 2020 include Maria Semple, Kamila Shamsie, David Chariandy, Gretchen Rubin, and Ariel Levy. The Iceland Writers Retreat was named one of the world’s best writers’ retreats by the Sydney Morning Herald, and one of the top 10 “Events to travel for in 2014” by Four Seasons Magazine.
To know the detail benefits, please visit the official link.
- Anyone who is above 18 can apply.
- Family members of judges and and those who have already attended the IWR are not eligible to apply.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
They receive hundreds of applications for the Iceland Writers Retreat Alumni Award. To increase your chances of being selected, please follow the application instructions very carefully.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- It is not possible to make changes to your application once it has been submitted
- Apply considering the level of funding. It can be both fully funded and partial funded depending on your application.
- They welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and with all levels of writing experience. We encourage people of all ages (over 18) to apply.
- Write authentically why you want to attend the retreat.
- Writing samples: Note that the maximum length for each writing sample is 1000 words. They will not consider applications that have longer writing samples.
- Write down how you will share your experience with others
- Applications without appropriate references will not be considered. Please note that due to the number of applications they receive, they cannot accept references that have been sent separately.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019