In 2015, all 193 United Nations member countries signed on to 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to “create the future we want in 2030.” Apply for SDGs & Her Competition now!
SDGs&Her is an online competition for women entrepreneurs to showcase how they are supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through their business operations.
The objectives of the initiative are to:
- recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
- increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
- collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
The 2019 contest attracted over 1,200 entries from all regions of the world: Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean, South Asia, the Middle East, and North Arica, Europe, and Central Asia, and East Asia and the Pacific.
Partners of the competition are the World Bank Group, Wharton School’s Zicklin Center for Business Ethics Research, UN Development Programme (UNDP) and UN Women.
Winners will receive leadership training, mentoring and will be flown to Washington DC, for an event at the World Bank Group-IMF Spring Meetings in April 2020, where they will showcase their achievements.
- Be a woman owner of a business that has been in operation for at least 3 years
- Own a micro-enterprise, with at least 1 and no more than 9 employees
- Have loan eligibility of under USD $10,000 or annual sales of under USD $100,000
- Own a small-enterprise, with at least 10 and no more than 49 employees
- Have loan eligibility of under USD $100,000 or annual sales of under USD $3,000,000
Eligible Regions: Open For All