The Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative (ANPI) is the Jack Ma Foundation’s flagship philanthropic entrepreneur program in Africa. They aim to identify, spotlight, and support African entrepreneur heroes creating an impact in their communities and building a more inclusive economy for the future.
The Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative is pleased to launch year-2 of their competition to identify, spotlight, and support Africa’s business heroes. They are on the search for African entrepreneurs of all ages and all sectors, who are leveraging business to create positive impact and solve pressing challenges in Africa. If this sounds like it could be you, they encourage you to apply.
The Africa’s Business Heroes show is the culminating event of the ANPI program. The show is a mix of entertainment and education with the 10 finalists pitching four renowned business icons including Jack Ma, the Founder of Alibaba & the Jack Ma Foundation. The pitch occurs in front of a televised audience and the show is subsequently distributed across Africa via major television networks and free to air stations.
A 3-day event, held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in November 2020.
The Summit will feature the Grand finale of the Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative (ANPI) program: The Africa’s Business Heroes show, conferences, master-classes, workshops, exhibition booths and a gala award ceremony where the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners of the ANPI program will be announced.
The ANPI Conference will feature a range of dynamic panels featuring global leaders; inspiring entrepreneurs; practical workshops geared at providing key skills and insights to entrepreneurs; networking sessions; roundtable discussions, and masterclasses. The conference is designed to bring together key stakeholders in Africa’s entrepreneurial ecosystem to discuss policy, trends, innovation and required action to enable and propel entrepreneurship. It is also structured to provide a forum for young entrepreneurs to network with VCS, Investors and to attend workshops that will equip them with practical skills and insights.
- Pitch business legends and receive advice from them.
- Win your share of $1.5 million USD.
- Gain global recognition and exposure via televised Africa’s Business Heroes Show.
- Access mentorship & training via the Africa Business Heroes’ Network of Partners and Judges.
- Gain admission into Alibaba’s eFounders program where you visit Alibaba’s HQ and participate in a 2-week digital economy immersion trip.
- The applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- An applicant has African citizenship or is the child or grandchild of an African citizen.
- The Company is Africa-Based. The business is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa
- The company is the post-Idea stage. Business is 3 years old or more and has at least 3 years of revenue history.
Eligible Regions: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
How to apply
- STEP 1: Register an ANPI Account
- STEP 2: Confirm you are eligible for the Prize
- STEP 3: Submit an Application & an Introductory Video
- STEP 4: Get a Reference
Application Deadline: June 9, 2020